Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Abertawe:

(I think that means Swansea in Welsh… I’m only about 90% sure though, since I don’t speak Welsh…)

Today was interesting. I got a decent night sleep at the hostel.  I probably woke up every 45 minutes or so after midnight- it was the kind of sleep where you can’t tell if you actually slept of if you just closed your eyes… either way, I was out of the hostel and on the bus to the Cardiff train/bus station by 10:30. I ended up getting off the bus a few stops too early and walking through the whole of downtown Cardiff- which would have been a lot more fun if I didn’t have all of my worldly possessions on me at the time, and if I had more than a vague idea of a rough direction in which to walk. But the walk was nice and it only took me about 30-45 minutes to find the station.  The cool thing about downtown Cardiff was that there were a lot of streets that had foot traffic only and there were tons of stores and shops all over. I’d like to go back and just wander around for a few hours sometime.

 I found out when I got to the station that there was a bridge strike and there were no trains coming or going to Cardiff, so it made my decision to take a bus pretty easy. The bus ride was only an hour long and I was soon in Swansea on my way to my house.

When I got to the Hendrefoelen Student Village (which where I live), I got all checked in and I realized the man at the desk was wearing a lacrosse sweatshirt. It turns out that Swansea has a lacrosse team and he invited me to come check it out sometime… I might get back in shape after all!

I got to my house and started meeting my roommates. I have 9: Laura, Zoey, Aaron, Tom, James, Lee, Ellie, Ryan and Claire (the last two are Americans.  Pictures of them are yet to come, but I have included pictures of my room below.)



Stay Classy San Diego. 

No comments:

Post a Comment