Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day Two in Swansea:

Today was my first full day here in Swansea. Last night we ended up having a few people over to our house to meet and greet and what not. No one ended up staying too late because most of the British students here have exams coming up over the next two weeks.

I ended up waking up today around noon. After tossing and turning and not sleeping for more than a half hour at a time over the night, somehow at around 7 am I fell asleep and didn’t wake up for a five hours- must be my body adjusting or something… either way, once I woke up I went shopping with one of my American roommates and two other guys from Iowa State. We picked up some of the essentials that we were missing and also purchased go-phone type cell phones in downtown Swansea. 

After I got back, my roommate Aaron invited me to go to a pub and watch a football (soccer) match with some of his friends.  The game ended up being pretty boring- a 0-0 tie- even though it was the top two teams in the league. I did however eat a legitimate meal for the first time since I left home and it was very good!
Tomorrow we start our orientation classes and have a field trip to the Gower Peninsula. Stories and pictures to come. 

Here are some pictures of my room after I went shopping. 


No comments:

Post a Comment