Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Departed:

Well, an obvious start to the saga is a plane ride (Assuming I cannot swim thousands of miles in a few hours, don’t have a really big and really fast boat, and do not possess the ability as Super Man does).
The day started like normal, I got to bed late, woke up kinda late and what not. Finished packing, made a quick run to Target (I ran into Angela Jackson at Target, so it was not that quick because we decided to talk a bit), got to the airport, etc. However, while I was waiting to board and just finishing a game of Spider Solitaire, I look up and what do I see? Well the bright red locks of the one and only Alex Kelly and the flat billed Michigan hat of Kyle Something  of course! I guess it is a small world… or at least Omaha has a small airport and needs to transfer their flights at Minneapolis. Either way the three of us were on the same flight to Amsterdam and were departing from the same gate there as well.
The flight across the ocean went well… The sights out the window were BEAUTIFUL! As usual, I didn’t sleep but did enjoy episodes of Two and a Half Men and some movies… I also beat Alex in Reversi twice- he didn’t beat me at all. When we arrived in Amsterdam we of course had to stop in the airport so Alex and Kyle could have their first legal beers (pic below).

Alex, Kyle and Me having a beer at the Amsterdam airport. 

No comments:

Post a Comment