Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Arrive-ed.

My first sleep in what felt like forever came on 1 hour and 20 minute flight to Cardiff, where I got about 45 minutes of a near death-like sleep, only to wake up in descent- I hope I didn’t snore! My first glimpse of Welsh land was just like you’d see on a post card… well kinda. It was probably a 25 foot cliff that went right up to the ocean… with a trailer park at the edge.... 

Either way, we landed and all was well until we got to customs. I had prepared myself with everything I was told to bring to get through the border and got to the counter only to be told to go sit on a bench while they figured out what was going on… this was followed by them asking me to go into a big white room with no windows, and only ah black table and ah black chair and one of those mirror things so they could watch me from the other room (I think my overall cavalierness through the whole process made them suspicious of me!) … I wasn’t allowed to bring any of my luggage with me or anything (I assume they searched it to make sure I wasn’t a terrorist).  But finally a man in a suit came in and smiled at me and gave me my passport and said “Here’s your passport mate, sorry for the confusion, your things are outside.” Thank God he didn’t hit me, I thought for sure I was going to the British vision of Guantanamo Bay because I had been mistaken for some very notorious and very good lucking European serial killer who happened to look like me! So I got a cab and went to my hostel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment